How much CBD should I take?
- Everyone differs, and it also depends what you are using CBD for. It is best to start low and increase your dosage. All of our products come with a recommended serving on the package.
What is the correct dosage for my pet?
- Ultimately it is up to you to decide what your pet responds best to. Same as humans, it is generally recommended to start with a lower dose and increase over time to get the correct amount dialed in. A good place to start is 1mg per 10lbs of body weight. With horses, it may be best to start around 40 mg and increase from there.
Are there negative side effects? Could my pet overdose?
- There aren't any negative side effects from CBD, many users claim no side effects at all. It is non-toxic, and non-habit forming. A large dose of CBD can make your pet very lethargic. We suggest following the recommended dosage on our packaging for you and your pet. In the case that your pet eats the whole package, you should consult your veterinarian.
What beneficial effects should I be looking out for?
- Your pet should be relaxed and comfortable. Changes may be seen in their behavior, sleep patterns, anxiety, and/or pain levels.
How long until it takes effect?
- Somewhere between a half hour and an hour typically. If it has been over an hour and your pet still seems anxious or sore, try giving them another dose, or another half dose. Depending on what you are trying to alleviate, it may take several days for you to notice the difference in your pet.
Will CBD get my pet high?
- No. CBD is non-psychoactive. Which means it has the beneficial effects without the high. It is a safe, non-addictive cannabinoid that can be extremely therapeutic to you and your pet.
What is CBD?
- Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the main naturally occuring cannabinoids found in cannabis. The list of aliments that CBD can help with is constantly growing, but it is most well known for helping with epilepsy and other seizure disorders, PTSD, anxiety, Crohn's disease, MS, Pain and Inflammation, and much more. Please read our FDA disclosure here.
What does Full Spectrum/Broad Spectrum CBD/CBD Isolate?
- Full Spectrum CBD contains a wide range of cannabinoids and other natural compounds found in hemp including THC. Broad Spectrum CBD is similar, but has no THC. CBD isolate is pure CBD. All our tinctures are made with CBD isolate, so you never have to worry about getting your pet 'high'.
How are the treats made?
- Dog and horse treats are made by combining CBD oil with organic coconut oil for easier, uniform distribution. Then we add high quality ingredients and form the treats. Finally they are dehydrated until they reach the perfect texture for taste and a long-lasting shelf life.
What is the shelf life of the treats?
- Treats will last roughly 3 months left out at room temperature. They will last for around 6 months in the fridge and over a year in the freezer!
Are they organic?
- Although we are not certified organic yet, we use a lot of organic ingredients in the making of all our products.
Are your products lab tested?
- Yes! Each batch is 3rd party tested to ensure that dosage is accurate. Check out the lab test results here.
How do I make a return?
- If for any reason you or your pet are not satisfied with our product, please contact us within 30 days of receipt. Click here to be directed to the contact page and here to view our return policy.
How can I carry PerfectParadox CBD treats in my store?
- We would love to be in your store! Email CharityFox@perfectparadoxcbd.com